Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Genes


The Genes

My father and mother met at a Church campground revival. My father was a Church of God pastor
before. They had three children before me.

Death and it's adversaries followed me everywhere. The houses I lived in up to my teenage
years were always next to a cemetery. My father was a funeral home director and it exposed me to dead
bodies on almost a daily basis. My brother was killed in a automobile accident when I was 4 years old
back in 1972. He was only 19 years old. When I was 15 my best friend died, he was hit by a car while
he was riding a moped. At 17, the girl who I “crushed on” also died in a automobile accident. She was
only 18.

In the same year of my brothers death, my mom and dad divorced. My dad had been hiding a
secret for many years. He was a homosexual and was banished from the church. My dad was also very
abusive toward my mom, brother and sisters. One night my dad was raging mad after being served with
divorce papers and my mom left and went to stay at my aunts house. My dad showed up and my mom
had no other choice but to pull out a gun and shoot my dad. My dad survived and my mother was not
charged. It was determined to be self defense.

During the divorce my dad got joint custody and I spent every other weekend with him. I was
four years old and was then exposed to the Gay Community. I knew something was wrong when men
would visit my dad while I was there. These men acted femininely and my gut feeling told me this was
not the way of a man.
I was exposed to naked men magazines hidden in the top drawer of my fathers dresser and men
dressed in drag. The men would be dressed as a man and head off into a back room and emerge as a
woman. This didn't seem natural to me. But by the divorce agreement, I had no choice but to be
exposed to this lifestyle.

I've seen the good and the bad of the gay community. I know homosexuals who look and act
like a normal man with no hint of being gay and flamboyant ones who you could automatically tell
they were gay”. They were some of the nicest people you could ever meet and some not so nice.
When I hit puberty around the the age of 13, I had some that would try to touch me
inappropriately. I had one give me a car when I turned 15 and went with me to get my learners license.
He would go with me to drive while I had my learners permit and everything seemed well. After
months of driving, I trusted him. One day while driving he had put his hand on my thigh and ask if he
could do something to me. My immediate reaction was NO! After that I never went around him again
and didn't mention it to my dad for a couple of years.

The effects of my dad's lifestyle was not apparent to me until I started school. I shy-ed away
from friendships with male friends. I was afraid my dad or his friends would make a pass at the males
if I brought them around or if they ever found out my dad was gay, it would be difficult to attend
school where everyone knew my dad was gay. They might think I was Gay also. School can be tough if
people had known.

When I reached Junior High and High School, I was trying to prove my identity that I was not
gay and became a womanizer and had many promiscuous relationships to prove that the so called “Gay
Gene” did not pass on to me.

Over the years, I have asked my father and others in the Gay community, “Why are you Gay?”
Most everyone said it was a choice and they were not born that way. I have only recently found
homosexuals to claim that they were “Born Gay”and I've been around homosexuals all my life. From
my experience, I do not believe it. I've known other sons and daughters of homosexual men. I've seen
the effects on these sons and daughters lives. It's not a pleasant outcome. Some have turned to drug use
and some committed suicide.

When I legally became an adult at the age of 18 in 1986. I joined the army to get away from the madness. My sisters, my nephews and the rest of my fathers family including my aunts and uncles have
written my father off as dead and have no contact or communication with my father at all. I have tried
on many occasions to write my father off. But only through my Faith in Jesus Christ and forgiveness. I
still have contact with my father and do not hinder my children to have contact with him.

Being raised in the manner that I was, has had a negative impact on my life. Most of my life I
have been secretive, shy and secluded. But I feel I have a powerful voice since I have had these first
hand experiences and seen folks in the gay community prove to me that their lifestyle is incorrect.
They try to prove that's it OK from them to raise children. They want to have children from
adoption or surrogates or what other way have you. From my experience of growing up within the gay
community and with a gay father. My experience speaks loud and clear, No it is not alright for
homosexuals to raise children.

The study by Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin that was published in the July
2012 issue of Social Science Research, speaks to me loud and clear. He did not interview me
personally,but his research speaks to me loud and clear. His research was pin point accurate of my life.
One survey question asked whether a parent had been in a same-sex relationship during a child's
upbringing; Regnerus wanted to see whether there were differences between kids raised in a household
by a parent in a same-sex relationship compared with those who were raised by biological parents who
were married and heterosexual.

The survey results were measured by a set of 40 outcomes on social, emotional and relationship
factors. Outcomes included whether a child had grown up to need public assistance like welfare, were
more likely to have anxiety or depression, were more likely to be abused, or were more apt engage in
unhealthier habits such as having more sexual partners, smoking or using drugs.

Regnerus' analysis identified 175 now-adult children who said they were raised by a lesbian mother, along with 73 who said their father was in a same-sex relationship. Focusing on the larger sample, the study found respondents whose mother had a same-sex relationship fared worse on 24 of the 40 tested outcomes, compared with children of an intact heterosexual couple.

Sixty-nine percent of children of lesbian mothers reported that their family received public assistance, such as welfare, compared with 17 percent from intact biological families.

About half of children of an intact biological family said they were employed full-time, compared with 26 percent of those born to a lesbian mother. Fourteen percent of kids of a lesbian momspent time in foster care at some point, compared with 2 percent of the rest of the children studied. Overall, less than 2 percent of all respondents who said their mother had a same-sex relationship reported living with their mom and her partner for all 18 years of their childhood.It gets very discouraging when the subject of gay parenting comes up on social media. It seems more and more people are welcoming as the norm. I try to stated my case against gay parenting and people leave sarcastic remarks, like “I was raised by heterosexual parents and I'm messed up” or some do not believe me.

I've lived as a child of gay parenting. I know the effects and I know other children of gay parenting and seen the effects on them. Leave the arguments to us who have been there. Let us have a voice. But many children of gay parents will not speak out because they are too embarrassed and ashamed. They feel that they will be ridiculed as I have. I am not one of the ones who are embarrassed or ashamed. Just give me a voice!
My suggestion to homosexuals who want to be parents, adopt a dog or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment